Today I’m going to be sharing something a little different than I would usually. Most of the content on this blog is about books with the occasional post about my travels or my writing, but I thought I would share a quick summer bucket list of everything I want to do this summer. This is my last real free summer I am going to have for a while because next year I am hoping to have a job and then I am off to college, so I really want to make the most of this summer and do as many things as I can possibly fit into the next 6 weeks. This post is just going to consist of a list of all the things I want to do with a bit of explanation as to why or how. I think the rest will make itself clear as you read it, so lets just get into it…
- Read, Read, Read – I want to read loads this summer! I have quite and ambitious TBR (which you can read here: https://wp.me/p5pSQe-i8 ) and I really want to complete it, so I am going to make sure I am keeping on top of my reading for the next 2 months. I will probably also be doing a couple of readathons because summer is the perfect time for it and it will help keep me on track. They are also an easy way to catch up should I fall behind.
- Photoshoots – As some of you may be aware I am an avid photographer and summer is really the perfect time to take a lot of them because I have lots of free time and lovely weather. I have loads of different photo shoot ideas ranging from festivals and glitter to graffiti in London. I am also going to Barcelona and Paris this summer, so I have loads of ideas stockpiled ready for that. I also really want to put myself out of my comfort zone a bit and arrange to do a few photo shoots with other people. I mostly just use myself as a model, but that isn’t always convenient,, so i am going to try and reach out to some people and see if they’d be interested in doing a shoot with me.
- write – I have wanted to write my own book for as long as I can remember, but I keep putting it off because it never seems like the right time or I have so many other things to do that I couldn’t possibly think about taking on something else. I now have 6 weeks off though, so I figure this is the perfect time to start. I have an idea for a non-fiction book as well as the start of an idea for a fiction novel, so I really want to get started on them at least start doing some planning.
- dye my hair blonde – My hair has been red for about 9 months now and my roots have grown back and I really just want a change. I can’t really re-dye my hair red because my school had a problem with it (apparently it was too red! What does that even mean?), so I have decided to go blonde instead. I want to eventually go platinum blonde, but I am going to start with a shade of blonde that is slightly lighter than my natural hair colour (I am honey blonde, just FYI) and then go platinum blonde a few weeks later. Either way my aim is to be platinum blonde in time to go back to school.
- college portfolio – I mentioned earlier that I am going to college next year and to get into college you have to present a portfolio of your work. I am going to be studying photography, so I want to put together both a physical and an online portfolio over the summer. This will mean it is ready to go when I have to go for my interview and I won’t have to worry about doing it whilst I’m in the middle of revising for my GCSE’s.
And that is it! Those are the main things that I really want to get done this summer. There are some other things I want to do as well, but they are smaller things that probably won’t interest you all; they are just things like have a water fight, go outside ever day and do more things with my friends. I really hope I am successful in getting all of the things done that I want to this summer, so that I can go back to school in September with a fresh mindset and the knowledge that I made the most of my summer. After that it is just 2 and a half terms to go and then I am off to college! I couldn’t be more excited! What are you planning to do this summer? Have you got any big projects on the go that you want to finish or any new projects that you want to start? I’d love to know!
Goodbye for now!
Over and Out