Have you ever just wanted to sit down and read, but for some reason, that you can’t think of, you just cannot concentrate on a book? Have you ever desperately wanted to finish a book you have been reading, but just can’t find the motivation? Or, maybe you just finished an amazing series and you can’t find another book to read afterwards. Whatever the situation I have definitely been in all of them and is definitely a problem for an avid reader like me. Unfortunately this is also the situation I am finding myself in now.
I have picked up 3 books today and all of them I have read a couple of chapters and just gotten lost,or bored,or both. Maybe they just aren’t the right kind of book or maybe my taste has changed since I bought them, but I just don’t seem to be able to read today. I have decided to call it reader’s block and I thought I would share with you a few things that might help get rid of it:
- Go for a walk – Sometimes all you need to do is clear you head, so go outside and walk. it doesn’t matter where you are going just walk and try to clear your mind.
- Have a snack – Every once in a while all you need is a chocolate bar.
- Do something you have been putting off – This could be anything from that piece of homework that is due in tomorrow or the dishes that someone should really do to just something fun that you want to do like going to Starbucks again because you haven’t done that in a while.
- Write – Now I appreciate not everyone is writer, but if you are or if you would like to get into it, then writing is a good way to get you in a creative and fictional mind set to read.
- Sleep or have a nap – Sometimes when the day just isn’t going your way all you need is to go to bed and start again.
There we go! That is my list of things that may help with reader’s block. I am going to try some of them and see how they work out, so I will keep you updated. Let me know if you every get anything similar to reader’s block and if so how you deal with it.
Goodbye for now!
Over and Out